
I was so very blessed to be able to meet Elder Uchtdorf of the 12.He came to change the stake presidency in my stake. He is a very kind man with a huge happy smile :-) I LOVE the way he talks :) This may sound stupid but one thing I will always remember is as I was sitting there waiting for Conference to start I looked at Elder Uchtdorf and right as I did, He looked at me and gave me a huge smile :-). Later as I saw him walking down the hall I could just see a light, glow around him. Some thing about him sets him apart from others :-) He shook Stuart's hand then looked at me as he shook my hand. He has the biggest smile. I went seriously speechless. I said “You gave a Great talk and he said "Thank You" :) He talked to us about his two twin grandsons who are 17 almost 18 and how the first 4 years are hard :) He told Stuart and I that we looked nice :) When my mother was talking to him about Stu and I he said, "They are very nice, very nice" :-) As He was leaving my dad asked him if we could get a picture and he said “Sure” :-) As I got a picture with him I was like “YAY!” but in my mind not out loud. He then took a picture with Stuart.
When he left I was shaking. I was over come with emotion.
I am forever changed after meeting him :)
Like he said at Stake Conference "Love one another, Help one another, Serve one other”.
PS. Is it just me or is it a little weird to have a picture of a Apostle right next to videos of Elvis.... hmmm? haha!
6 comments:
Di,
How awesome!! I'm so glad that you had such a great experience. You are such a wonderful person. That is awesome that you got to share that with Stu.
Love ya!!
Hey Diane!
That is so cool that you got to talk and have a picture with an apostle! Thank you for always sending fun emails, you look so beautiful in your picture, his smile is almost as amazing as yours! Thanks for always being such a great friend, tell your family hi for me.
Love ya!
Kara
Anna totally a blessing for us all.
Consider yourself lucky to have a picture with an apostle..something
I don't have. I'm grateful things worked out for you!
LOVE YOU!!
So Cool Diane!!!
We have loved Elder Uchtdorf ever since he was sustained as one of the 12. Brennan got to hear Elder Hales at the MTC and thought his testimony was unbelievable. We hope your family was blessed this week with all that your Dad had going on. Do we know the new Stake President? Hang in there for the last month of school - GRADUATION!!!!!WAHOO!! What are your plans for the summer?
Love ya
Aunt Diane
Diane, that's a really cool picture. it sounds liek you had an awesome experience!
How many people do you know who has their picture taken with an Apostle??? You are so lucky! This is one photo you need to make a copy of and frame! LaDawn
Post a Comment